Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Kyoto Sept 2019 : Retro Cafe Breakfast


There was one morning which my husband didn't have to rush to class, so he decided to treat me to breakfast at a retro coffee shop which he discovered the day before. Apparently his classmates had recommended it for their coffee. But interestingly they don't do take-away coffee. You have to enjoy it at the shop itself. Above is the retro coffee shop found at the Kyoto area near where we stayed. It was just a short walk away from our inn.


The shop is at the corner, and it look so cute and chic. The old bicycle parked in front of the shop really adds to the feel of the place. And I guess I like this place cause it also have an old-Japan feel to it, which I am totally in love with. And did you notice the soft serve ice cream on the left, and the school children crossing sign board on the right? The whole picture is so picturous. 


Outside the shop they display their menu which we checked out before we went in, just to make sure it was affordable. Our accommodation doesn't come with breakfast, and to add breakfast, it was usually above 1000Yen. Here, the full breakfast set was around 800Yen, and you get to eat in such a cute cafe! So of course we went in! Incidentally, I'm blogging this on a Saturday morning after a cup of smooth Japanese drip coffee, and just by blogging this makes me crave for another cup instantly!


The cafe says they roast their beans on the shop itself, and when you enter the shop to the left, is where they display all the types of coffee they have for sale. You can buy them home to make your own coffee. I think it just add a beautiful ambiance to the whole cafe. There is a roaster there as well, so yeah, it seems Japanese are kinda big on roasting their beans freshly. Even the Japanese cafe in Singapore will proudly advertise if their beans are roasted on premise. 


The section would be the kitchen counter as show in the photo above. The dark wooden feel of the counter, plus all it's gadget and counter tops really adds to the ambiance of the whole place.


Here is the front view of the counter. You could also sit there and watch how the owner prepare your coffee for you. I really love all the beautiful cups being displayed at the shelves! And I was hoping they will serve my coffee in one of those! It would be almost like drinking coffee at my own home, haha! But it was breakfast time, and I didn't really feel like sitting at the counter. So we sat still in front of the counter, but at the normal seating area.


Here's me as prop while my husband took a photo of the seating area of the shop. By the way, for all the indoor shots you see in this blog, we usually ask the owner or the staff if it was okay for us to take picture before we do so. Usually the answer is yes, but it is always polite to ask first. But if it's a chain restaurant, we usually don't ask.


We ordered a standard set that came with a wester breakfast and a coffee. Above is our breakfast, toast, eggs, bacon and salad. My husband ordered a latte and I ordered one of their brand coffee serve black. And it did came with a beautiful tea set! How sweet! While we were having our breakfast, there was an old man that came in and sat a few seats away from us. He seems like a regular and talk to the owner. As we were foreigner, he was rather interested in us. I smiled at him, and even wave goodbye to him when we left. He had a handheld device that seems to be translator and seems to be listening to our conversation in English. Haha. My husband was in a hurry to attend his class, else I think it would have been fun to sit and chatted with him. Through out our breakfast, it was only the two of us at the cafe as they have just opened and it was I guess, too early. And now, if you would excuse me, I think I need to go drink another cup of coffee now to relive those beautiful memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments