Tuesday, June 9, 2020

May 2020


All too soon, it's already June, and it's time for me to record down my scheduler for the month of May. Almost half a year gone, and what have I achieved in life? So many things had to be put on hold as I can't travel. Hopefully the world will go back to normal soon. I really want to go back to Penang to settle some housing situation!


The month of May is also a restricted movement month. Mostly I spend it at home or at work, and cooking lots of food to eat. It seems I mainly cook either pasta, or Japanese food, or simple chinese dishes. A lot of planning is required since I can't just casually go out to get ingredient for the food. So besides food, what else could be part of the highlight of my life in May?


Well, for the very first time, I ordered a book from Amazon Japan! And it wasn't like a planned purchased either. It was more of an impulsive buy because the content of the book was just too hard to resist. So above was the book I bought, and it's about how to turn your house into a cafe, which I am already half way there anyway. It actually came with an offer to purchase two books at a price of one, but unfortunately the other book order was cancelled. So I only got one. I am trying to read it slowly, and enjoying every page of it because it's just such a beautiful book. Because of it, I have been picking up on my Japanese vocabulary and I hope to continuously improve it through out my life. If ever there is a country I wish I could live in, it has got to be Japan. 


For some weird reason, or perhaps because I can't dine out any more, and thus not able to eat my monthly steak, my husband decided that it was no longer taboo to cook beef at home. So every time I drop by to do my groceries, I would buy a nice piece of beef for myself. The above was a ribeye that I got from NTUC at only 6SGD. I had craving for beef cube, so I cut it up before air frying them. 


Here's the feast I prepared. I paired the ribeye with a Japanese Steak House sauce I got from Don Don Donki, and it just taste so wonderful together! The steak house was a place I dined at when we where having a blizzard winter in Hokkaido, so it tasted extra special! And those beautiful egg rolls, well, I finally got a tamagoyaki pan for like 13SGD? So now I make these delightful eggs whenever I can. 


Lastly, the JanBeBe detective ladies were at it again, but having our first online escape room gaming night! Hahahaha. We had it on a Saturday from 8pm onwards, using Google meeting to share the screen to play. One week before, there were some testing conducted to ensure everything would be smooth, and evaluating on the conferencing tools to use. On the day itself, setting up the terminal and screen share also took some time. But by 730pm, to my surprise when I announced that the room was opened for connection testing, all the ladies joint and we started to play. I initially planned for 3 games, starting from the easier first, but the lowest level took us 2 hours to complete! And we used one clue just to proceed in the game after getting stuck at the very beginning! Tough game! But it was fun!


So there you have it, the highlight of my May. Since I don't really journal much, my physical scheduler book has become a kind of a scrapbook for momentos. Above are the packaging of some Taiwanese Hello Kitty cookies which are so cute! And a drip coffee letter from my friend Pei Shi. She send it from Kao Siong, and I just thought the packaging was just so wonderful! 

That's all for now. Most probably June would look just about the same. I'm writing this actually on 5th June, and it doesn't seems that much would be different from the past few months! Haha. Stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments