Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Budget Trip to KL

Its the in-thing in Singapore these days to go for a budget holiday. Even in recession times, people are still going on holidays (especially budget holidays). I haven't been out travelling for almost a year now, and so my itchy travelbug backside is starting to twitch. Although I have a 10days Japan trip coming up in May, I decided to take a short trip to KL in April to visit my friends there.

Good Friday this year falls on 10 April 2009 (Friday, d-uh!). And the budget tickets from Singapore to KL is still a plenty! Here's the review on all three budget airline flying from SG->KL

AirAsia. Price S$268 for 2 person. Need to registered as a member before you can purchase a ticket. I abandon my trip as I can't remember my member login info, and it was too tedious to find out.

Jetstar. Price S$233 for 2 person. No insurance given. Super slow website. The speed of the website itself is enough to put you off. But if you have a Maybank Platinum card, you get 5% rebate!

TigerAirways. Price S$260 for 2 person. Insurance included, and seat number is assigned.

Conclusion? I got the TigerAirway tickets :)

Hostel booked via hostelworld.com is S$112 for 2 nights 2 person, in a double bed room with it's own toilet. Price inclusive of breakfast, and it's located just opposite Berjaya Time Square! The hostel name is Classin Inn Budget Hotel. And best of all? Free WiFi!

Looking forward to my mini-trip!

Ref:
AirAsia
JetStar Airways
Tiger Airways
Hostelworld.com
Classic Inn Budget Hotel
Berjaya Time Square

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments