Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Handmade Pillow Case

Last week I visited a fabric shop called Quilts n Calicoes at Tanglin Mall Orchard. I can't believe that I never knew this store existed until I did a Google search for sewing shops in Singapore.This was one of the many I found, and the first I visited. Verdict? SGD20+ damaged for 4 patterns of very nice cloth! One of my favorite (actually I love all four, but this is the first I made used off) is an adorable pink cloth with 6 cute pictures on it. It cost me SGD10, but considering I can make 6 things out of it, I think it's still pretty reasonable.
Anyway, the first picture is a love tree! Isn't it adorable??? I went to IKEA to get a nice pillow to make this that cost me SGD4.90 but it's oh-so-hug-able!!! Took me only 2 hours to complete this while fueled up with 2 espresso shot on a Friday night. Love it! No zipper required, but might sew in some buttons to keep the opening close nicely. 

Ref:
Quilts n Calicoes
IKEA

4 comments:

  1. You are very creative

    Just FYI, there’s an event for bloggers and the prizes are iPad2 and Cash. Find the info in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kurnaen,

    Thanks for the compliment. And the tips on the free iPad2! Will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What will you do this weekend? Any more project? hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, hello 静诗 :P This weekend going karaoke! No time to make. But if there are more projects, will definately post it here to share :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments