Friday, March 23, 2012

London Walk - Bunhil Fields

18-Nov-2010 (Thursday). In the middle of our London Walk, is a place call Bunhil Fields, and the burial ground was where I was headed. Lots of famous people were buried there apparently, but I was only interested in one call William Blake. Someone cemetery doesn't freak me out, but the opposite. They gave me a feel of calm and peace. Eternal sleep, eternal peace.
When I reach Bunhil Field, I immediately went in search of my favorite author's grave. And when I found it, I was rather excited and started looking for a place to purchase some flowers! Luckily there was a Tesco Express nearby up the road, so I went in, and got 1 dozen roses. I was thinking whether to get red or white, and finally settled on orange. Red was never his style, and white was too dull for his colorful character and style of poetry. Orange was bright and just right :)
So with trembling hands, I placed my roses on his grave, and felt just amazed and filled with wonders to be standing before his grave. Like I've met my hero, the person who inspired and shaped my life in some way.... it was a powerful moment for me, something that I find hard to express in words. There and then, the whole trip, the 13 hour flight, the cold weather, the bad hostel was worth it, for that one moment, my life felt complete :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments