Wednesday, March 21, 2012

London Walk - Historic Buildings

18-Nov-2010 (Thursday). Clearing my travel back log of like, 1.5 years ago? Gawd. Anyway, better get it done with. One of the things I love doing when I travel is to take a walk around the city/town/village just to soak in the history, the people, the atmosphere. So I was really looking forward to the London Walk I planned out. The highlight for me was of course, visiting my favorite poet's grave :)

The walk we took is the The City Walk 1: Diamonds to Dungeons which I found online. I choose this because it has a lot of historical building through out the walk, it was William Blake's grave along the way, and also the place Jack the Ripper used to hunt his victim. Need a girl ask for more???

The walk took about half a day. The moment you step out of the Underground, you are greeted with this majestic old row of black-and-white timbered building.
A little walk down the left side of the road, and you're greeted with a sight of red buildings call the Prudential Building. You can walk in to the square and this is the view. Lovely.
Inside I found one of my childhood favorite author Charles Dickens. That was a pleasant surprise. In the middle of the walk is where I visited William Blake's grave, but I'll dedicate one whole post on it later on, so stay tune. I'll jump to the end part of the walk first.
The last part of the walk was where Jack Ripper hunts, Folgate Street and Elder Street. It's a pretty normal looking street if you don't think about the gore of it all. But once you do, it's kinda too late, and you start feeling the creeps all over :P

Click here to continue to William Blake's grave!

Ref:
London Walk Suggestion
William Blake
Jack the Ripper
Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments