Sunday, March 25, 2012

TOL - Tower of London

19-Nov(Friday). Not really hype about visiting the Tower of London cause it sounds kinda touristy  to me. Plus you have to pay quite a lot to get in! History is apparently expensive(17 pounds). It sounded more like a historical themed part to me at first. But it was highly recommended, and my Mum say I must go see the crown jewels.Well, ok.....
Nearest Underground London Bridge looks impressive enough to get me on a good mood.
Go early, and follow a Yeomen Warders tour. It's free, and its very educational.  Yeomen Warders are also known as Beefeater.... Sounds like a good paying job! Haha. But seriously, follow the tour, cause the warders are very well versed in the history, and the story telling beats reading a boring history book. Plus, the way they tell the story, it kinda remind me the monarchy in Discworld :P Below is a photo of our guide who was very entertaining and informative.
What to see at the Tower of London? Castles! Courtyard, changing of guards! And raven! Yes, you gotta see those very well fed ravens in the gardens! They are so huge they look like they could rip me apart easily! But fear not, they can't really fly. Read the legend about them here.
Crown Jewels? Checked. Impressive? Yes. But no photo allowed, or I didn't bother to take any. But what was great about the Tower Of London coming up soon in the next two blog entries!
Ref:
Tower of London
Yeomen Warders
Discworld
Crown Jewels of England

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments