Thursday, March 22, 2012

Handmade Book Cover


I always love book covers, and I knew it was one of the things that I wanted to make. When I found the right fabric for it at Quilts n Colicoes, I knew exactly the type of book cover I wanted. I wanted to make it right, so I look towards Youtube to show me how. This is the clip I follow.



I followed everything on the clip, although it took me a long time to figure out which part would end up the front of the book cover etc.... (I'm really bad at 3d geometry....). Anyway, the ironic thing is, this is the first sewing project that I actually used a ruler to measure, and the end result was, it didn't fit the book I used for measurement -____-  But thankfully, it did fit the rest of the normal size book! Maybe I should use less measurement in future?  Anyway, below is the end result of the book cover. Not perfect, but still cute :)
I love everything French these days, and have been trying hard to look for French themed fabric. And remember the angel I got last time from here? It really goes with the whole French themed book cover here. Love it. Perhaps its time for me to have another goal at the langauge now that I have such a cool book cover? Inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments