Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Free Things in Singapore


Freedom is a wonderful thing in life. No attachment, feeling free without a care in the world. That's how I felt like when I'm on a swing. Not only does it make me feel young, it also make me feel free, cause you have to have a lot of free time before getting a chance to get on a swing. Above photo was taken a few days ago after a rainy evening, where we took a walk to the housing estate in front of our flat and played in the playground after the rain. Ah.... the smell of fresh air after the rain, and the freedom from office work hour.....


This post is about being free, and mainly on the free things that you can get in Singapore if you only look out for it. For instant, in January 2019, while walking home from the carpark, we found two bags of original CDs on the void deck. So obviously we took it home. CD used to be so expensive last time, and now people just leave them out for free! How time has changed. 


I selected about 10 CDs from the bag and my husband helped me converted them to mp3 for me. 10 CDs would have easily cost me more than SGD100 last time! I love free stuff. After we both took what we wanted, the 2 bags were given out again to anyone who wanted them. I love free stuff. Remember those books I got for free in 2017? You can read about them here.


During the last weekend of March, I also signed myself up for a talk and a body combat session at my gym. It was a Menstrual and Aromatherapy talk and participant would get a SGD130 goodie bag for coming. I went mainly for the goodie bag, and an excuse to exercise was always good. During that day, there happened to be a Hawker Culture exhibition there as well, and I took part in some of their promotion and got my self this neat NatGeo cutlery set. 


Apart from the NatGeo box which was already a collector item, look what is inside! A totally full set of cutlery! Folk and spoon for the ang moh kia, chopsticks for us Asians, and even straws and a straw cleaner! To think I spend almost SGD10 for my stainless steal straw last time! And I got all these for free!


And this was the SGD130 goodie bag. I was really stunned that they actually gave full size supplementary bottle of their products. I did a quick search and the total of these product in Qoo10 came up to SGD100. Sadly I don't take supplements. I believe more in natural food as supplement. So I gave it all away to my colleague in the office who was thrilled to get it. 

So who says you can't get free stuff in Singapore? Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments