Monday, April 8, 2019

Singapore Sake Festival


I attended a Sake Festival in Singapore one Saturday in March. It was so bad that it didn't even make it to my highlight of the month. I'm just blogging about it to get it out of the way here. My husband actually treated me to this even, which cost around SGD37 per person? It says that you could sample 200+ sake in the event, and it was held at UE Square from 2pm - 8pm on a Saturday. It sounded promising enough. I was excited about it seeing how I enjoyed Beer Fest so much last year. 


When we reach the place, the venue was out door in under a glass protecting us from the hot sun. There were only two island of stall selling sake. Each selling a few of their brand. There were also some food stall with over priced food, and although the organiser did gave us some discount coupon, you can only use it if you spend like SGD100 or something, on overpriced food? No thank you! 


Upon registering, you are given a glass, and with it you can go around sampling the sake. I guess that was the start of the problem cause I though the sun was still acceptable, but a wine glass in a sake festival? Come on!


I tried some matcha sake, and do you see how much I get per try? No, that is not a half drunk glass, that is basically how much you get per sample. And you had to fight through the crowd to get a sample! And some stall attendance would even talk to you for ten minutes before pouring you a few drops of the sample! It was totally not worth it. We stayed till 4pm and left. In total, maybe i drank only 1 full glass of sake? It was a frustrating event. You get dehydrated easily.


My husband couldn't stand it any more at the end and bought a glass of beer to share. Ironically this was the best drink I had in the even, cause it was chilled, and most of all, sufficient for a hot Saturday afternoon! On a scale of 1 to 10 for the event, this event gets a 2 from me. Totally not worth it. 


My hubby treated me to cakes after the event, which was a bonus for me. I pick this seasonal Sakura swiss roll, and it was so delicious! We had it at the cafe at Liang Court. I always forget the name of the shop, but it's the one at the corner after uniqlo.


Hubby bought two bottle of sake at the event, the Yuzu Sake was for me. it was delicious but cost around SGD45. At least I got a nice photo out of the event. Can't believe I still look like a kid at my age.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments