Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Sake Tasting


Yesterday I was bitching about the 2019 Sake Festival in Singapore. I thought I'll write another blog entry on a Sake Tasting session I had last year 2018 October in Takashimaya, you know, so that you know I'm not just bitching about a lousy event without actually knowing what I'm talking about. 


We actually chance upon this event by accident. I forgot whether it was Buddhist Fest that we were in town, but we were walking at Takashimaya, and there was a Japanese festival at the atrium, and one corner of it was a Sake Tasting stall. I was really captivated by the beautiful glasses that they serve th sake on. My husband asked if I wanted to try it, so I said yes. We were told to pick 3 sake we wanted to try, and you pay for it on a per glass basis. 


You then take a seat at the bar, and they serve you the sake with the bottle nicely displayed in front of you. They also ask that you drink in a certain order so that you can best taste each sake properly. After that you were left to enjoy the sake until they need the bottle back for someone else. There were even food stall with normal priced stack you could buy to go with your sake tasting, which we did. 


Not only was the sake delicious, it was served in sufficient quantity to actually enjoyed it, instead of the miserable few drops in the Sake Festival. The glass ware adds to the experience, and even the sake bottle art was lovely and captivating. This is Sake done right, even in a food hall. And the price of 3 sake was roughly same as one ticket to the Sake Festival. 


They even have a 5000SGD sake on displayed there. My husband did purchase a "chinese" tasting sake at the fair, but for me, this was by far the first and best sake tasting experience I had in Singapore. So you see, you can stop ripping off your customer, and learn from this and give them a proper tasting experience instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments