Saturday, April 13, 2019

Swiss Role from Malaysia


My husband came back from Johor Bahru recently, and he bought three rolls of swiss cake home. Each roll consist of 5 slices of cake, and we had to finish them in 4 days. I had so much fun taking photos of them whenever I eat them. They are so pleasing to the eyes. We even bough out my husband's Muji-like tray to make the photo more awesome like the arial view one on top. 


The matcha red bean flavour one was the very first that I tried, and sadly I didn't like it. Probably because the matcha tasted artificial, and the cream was filled with sugar and not of the fresh cream type which I like. Still, it make a nice photo!


The second one I tried was the cheese flavoured swiss roll, and this once was much more acceptable than the matcha one. The cake was actually nice and dense. It's just something about the cream that I didn't really like. But after putting it in the fridge, the cream kinda harden and make it easier on the taste. Again, it make a nice photo.


The last flavour I tried was Orea, and this was probably my favourite even though I hate Oreo biscuits. At least this one has chocolate inside I guess. They go very well with tea cause the cake is sweet, and the tea pairs with it nicely. Above photo shows a cold brew black tea accompanying the swiss roll. 


Since there were so many to finish within a limited time, I had them for tea, breakfast, and dinner. Above is a cheese swiss roll as dessert for my full meal of mushroom soup and tuna croissant. I just realise that the tuna croissant I make at home taste so much nicer than the one I had in Delifrance last week! I get my croissant from Giant, and they are currently selling 5 for SGD3.50. Normal price is SGD4.00. 


Last is a bonus photo of the matcha azuki bean pound cake which I got from Muji last time during my AWESOME day walk. It is same flavour as the matcha azuki bean swiss roll, but what a world of different! Guess my tastebud is all spoilt from real stuff now....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments