Saturday, December 28, 2019

July 2019


July was another busy month full of travelling. I was away 1.5 weeks conducting UAT in Brazil. I will write more about it below and also in it's own dedicated post. So let me just get started on the summary of the month.


Above list is actually based on what is the most highlighted event, and no actually in actual sequence of event. So I've decided to share the photos below based on sequence of event instead since it's easier for me. Don't mind me and my non-standardisation. It would just seems weird to split out Brazil and South Africa into two parts when it's actually in a single trip. 


Anyway.... for some reason until now, my husband told me his friend can get us free stay at Hard Rock Hotel at Sentosa. Free with just the room though, and check in Sunday and check out on Tuesday. Since it was free, I decided to take a day off for this. It was a nice short staycation, so much better than Bay Hotel for our 10th anniversary or something. We even went to another W Hotel for buffet lunch. And since it was a weekday, I got a 1-4-1 offer too! 


After the staycation, I was off to Brazil for 1.5 weeks of UAT. This time I travelled with my boss, hence the business class ticket on SQ, and we even stayed in Marriot Apartment! Although it was a stressful business trip for me, I did work my butt off for this whole trip! The photo above is of Rio De Janeiro, and not Sao Paulo where I work. We flew past it on our way home, and I thought it was so beautiful that I took a snap shot of it. My boss wanted to visit there during our weekend there, but we heard so much about how unsafe it was that he decided to forgo his trip and spend it in Sao Paolo with me instead. I forgo my Iguazu Fall trip too. It was too expensive, and too rush a trip. Sigh. 


The other highlight of the trip was our stopover in Johannesburg, South Africa. The airport was amazing there as compared to Addis Ababa at Ethiopia. And I was such a fan girl of Nelson Mandela that I kept taking photos of his merchandise. Needless to say, I also bought some of his mercehndize home, hahaha. It was an unforgettable trip, and I am glad I went for it. It was a trip of a lifetime. When I was back, I earned enough point to be upgraded to Krisflyer Gold Class! Need to fully utilise this privilege which I would probably not get again. It expires August 2020. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments