Monday, December 30, 2019

September 2019


September was an awesome month. Travelled so much and had such a wonderful time. Both were unplanned travel, but awesome all the same. I don't know how I managed to travel so much while still having a full time job sometimes. But I guess if you love something that much, you will eventually find a way. I used to laugh when reading about this guy who was semi retired and travel every 2 months. Apparently that is a very manageable target after all! 


So here are my top 3 highlights for the month. This blog is starting to resemble a family blog, what with so much family photos!


Number one highlight is of course visiting my favourite country - JAPAN! I didn't actually planned for this trip. My husband happens to just be going there for a fermentation workshop for 3 days, and since the accommodation are paid for, I just needed to pay for my air tickets and voila! Kyoto and Osaka! I've been putting Kyoto off my list of places to visit for a long time now after hearing so much horror story about it. It's all true! Especially if you don't plan your trip properly and only visit the famous places. For me, I'm happy to walk the other way if I see a crowd of tourist before me. I'm also happy to wake up at unearthly hours to visit a place if it means I can avoid the crowd. Will for sure dedicate a few dozen post on this soon! 


The 2nd highlight was celebrating my Mum's birthday with her. Now my Penang annual trip has been shifted to September. And since I was going to be back for only a short weekend, and prices for E&O seems affordable, and I've always wanted to stay there, I decided to have a one night staycation in Penang with my Mum at E&O hotel. We did nothing at all but just check in and spend the whole time at the hotel. No regrets. It was lovely. For me the room was super elegant, and I especially love their music selection which was so classic. Top notch one of my favourite hotel to stay in even if I don't speak to a single person. It was hauntingly beautiful.


Last but not least, again I went to the theatre, and again watching a play I've seen before. Actually, this was the first play I've ever watched when I first landed in Singapore. I love Ivan Heng. If he is in drag, for sure I would go watch. And it's not just a gay thing either. I just love how elegant he carries himself as a lady. And most of the play I've watched him in always brings a tear to my eye. Lovely performance. 

Pardon me if I overshot my journal blogging as it seems I will overshot the new year at this rate! But someone once told me, Get it Done is better than Perfect! 3 more months to blog about and I can finally go back to easy going days! Gotta be discipline people! Shape up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments