Wednesday, December 25, 2019

April 2019


Wow, it has almost been 8 month since I last update. And as 2019 comes to a close, I am now franticly trying to at least post out all my monthly summary of 2019 before the year ends. Good luck to me! As of today, I am lagging behind 2 months, but I am catching up, so bare with me as we do a last daily dash to end 2019. So let's continue from month of April 2019.


My top three moments are listed as above, and for this post only, all three moments will have photos of me in it! As one ages, one is no longer shy to show one's face since everyone dies in the end, so there really isn't much to it (although you still won't find a photo of me on my Facebook profile pic, like EVER!).


I decided to go back to Penang for the weekend to bring my mum to Singapore to have a break after handling all the stuff for my Dad's funeral. I though she needed a change of scenery anyway. While I was back, even though it was a rather short stay where I rush back on Saturday, and come back on Sunday night, I still managed to meet up with my old friend Pei Shi for some cafe hopping. We actually did quite a lot of cafe hopping in 2019 as I was back in Penang more often to accompany my mum to Singapore and back again. Above is us having "lunch" at one of the fusion cafe in Beach Street Georgetown. 


The other big event was the opening of Jewel at Changi. Since it was so near my home, I think we went there on a weekly basis after it opened. But to avoid the crowd, I always go on unearthly hours like morning 7am, or late at night, or during weekdays when I am working at home on Brazilian timezone. Above is me and my husband with the famous man-made waterfall. You can expect more detail post of Jewel in the near future. I always say that, and then find myself posting events from way back when..... it's just that, there's so much to post! 


Lastly, I managed to spend a month with my Mum in Singapore. She didn't like it much, but it was nice having her around. In the middle of her trip, I actually left her alone as I went on a short business trip to India. It's a pity she can't wake up early, and she can't walk much. Singapore is a nice place to visit actually, but you do need to be able to walk a lot. I'm not sure if she can come visit me again. Guess I'll just go back to Penang more often. Yay more cafe hopping for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments