Tuesday, December 31, 2019

October 2019


October seems to be a month of food, both making and eating. Seems the 3 highlights below are all about food. I must have been really hungry! 



After attending a wagashi making workshop in March 2019,  and after coming back from Japan, I have bought back some wagashi making ingredient, mainly red bean paste. And for some reason, strawberry was really cheap in October, like two punnet for 5SGD? So I decided to make some Ichigo Daifuku, which is strawberry wrapped in red bean paste, wrapped in mochi. Above was there result of the first batch. It was delicious! And so easy to make than what I expected. I normally don't buy or eat this outside cause I think they are rather expensive and not really that nice anyway. But those that I make fresh from glutinous rice flour was so soft and chewing and absolutely delicious! This will become a common dessert I make at home. I love the fact that you attend one single class, and a thousand ideas start forming in your head! You will get what I mean when I reach the December 2019 post in just a few more days :)


I also invited my high school friend and family to my house in October. Her son for some reason, love meeting me, and I've been putting off this meetup for the longest time due to my hectic travel schedule. I think it was my time to cook as we usually just visit each other's house and take turn cooking. I actually prefer such meet up as its a lot more easier on the pocket, plus you can experience something totally different. Above was what I made on that day: Japanese vegetarian curry, tempura prawns, and chicken karaege, and salad. Lovely meal. And we played board game and talk through out the night. This is my kinda gathering. I wish more Singaporean would go for such meet up instead of always gathering at some generic mall and eating at some generic restaurant. How boring.


I also celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary. After being married for 15th years, there isn't much we haven't tried. So for 2019, we just decided to dine at my favourite South American restaurant that we discovered accidentally during one of our morning walks in Jewel. We initially just went in for the view since they have a great seats facing the waterfall. But the food there really surprised us and we've been back a few times every since. I've always knew I'd loved South American food even before ever tasting it. I used to watch Anthony Bourdain's travel show and the way he describe how the food was cooked there just make my mouth waters. That was one reason I was so interested in my current job anyway, to be able to work there. Sadly, or not, depend on how you see it, I will be leaving the company in January 2020 and venture into the new year with more adventure planned ahead! Stay tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments