Monday, April 21, 2008

Taiwan Trip

I am so looking forward to my Taiwan trip this weekend! I'm so going to enjoy every freaking second of it! Just to get away from work itself is worth all the excitement by its own rights! Anyway, just to share, here's my itinerary for the trip

Saturday - Leaving Sg, transit at HK, reach Taiwan 3pm, reach Taipei 5pm. Free & Easy. There are 24 hours bookshop in Taiwan! I am so excited about that! And also Mr Donut is there! I love Mr Donut's Chocolate Custard Donuts!

Sunday - Visit National Palace Museum, Chinese Garden, Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigines. Night culture at Shilin Night market

Monday - Train ride to Huelien, and bus ride to Taroko Gorge. Hiking the rest of the day

Tuesday - Morning hiking activity at Taroko. Bus tide back to Huilien for lunch and exploration of Huelien. Evening train ride back to Taipei to visit Lungshan Temple and HuaShi Night Market

Wednesday - Morning train ride to Chiayi Country, followed by railway ride up Alishan. Once there, hiking and tracking all the way :)

Thursday - Wake up before dawn to watch the famous sunrise in Alishan. More hiking and tracking till lunch time. Spend some time wondering old country town.

Friday - Another half day of exploration at Alishan :) then back to Taipei by train via Chiayi Country. Visit Taipei 101 and other shopping district at night.

Saturday - Journey by bus up north to KeeLung City, and subsequently to Yeliu Geological Science Park. Dinner at KeeLung, before headed back to Taipei

Sunday - Another insane bus ride to the country side of PinLin Tea Plantation to visit PinLin Tea Museum, as well as to sample some tea dishes, and some high quality tea! Back to Taipei by evening for last minute shopping.

Monday - Relaxing half day in Taipei, before headed to the airport back home. Transit in Hong Kong on the way back (I love Hong Kong airport, that's why).

Phew. I hope I managed to do everything that's planned here! If not, its ok, the journey itself is the destination :)

Ref:
Hungry Girl's Guide to Taipei
Maps
Tour Bus (if you're rich, but great video clips on the site on Taiwan, only works in IE)
Taiwan High Speed Rail
Taiwan North-East Coast
Hostel World International

4 comments:

  1. This is really good stuff. I visited Taipei way back in 1992. I guess it is time I visit the island again. Please take some photo, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear stranger, greetings from Taipei. This is my second day here, and I am loving it! Today I somehow manage to find myself in the mist of the famous Mazu Festival, a once in a year event that I have always watched on tv about! Will write more when back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahem ... I heard the pineapple tarts in taiwan is cheap and good ... ahem ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry piggy, didn't try any tarts while I was there. But do enjoy the photos of Taiwan coming up day by day in this blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments