Sunday, May 31, 2009

Disneysea

15th May 2009, we visited Disneysea! The theme park is open from 10am - 10pm, and if you are above 60 year's old, the admission ticket is Y$5100. Normal adult ticket cost Y$5800 (S$87) The price includes all the rides in the park, plus the parades, performances, and if weather permits, a firework display at the end of the night.

I like Disneysea more the Disneyland, because of it very Mediterranean feel, as well as the Venice atmosphere with water surround it. It's a very romantic place to be, especially when the sunsets and the street lights are up. Fake as it all is, I could be as close as I ever get to the Mediterranean! Or even Venice!

But be warned. Almost everything inside the park is expensive. And the queues to the rides are horribly long! It may look empty from the outside to draw you in, but once you walk in, it's endless lines of people queue up for a 10 minutes thrill ride! Use the Freepass to cut the queue if you manage to figure out how (I'm too lazy to explain it here). Or, split up and take the Single Rider line.

Here's my favorite photo taken in Disneysea (in full resolution of course). This shot is by my hubby as well, I'm obviously too busy having fun :P The tower behind is the Tower Of Terror, and I somehow made myself go in and took the ride there. It's a ride I thought I'll never take, a vertical drop from maybe 4 storeys high? I'm ok with roller coaster, but I absolutely have never taken a Tower of Horror Ride before. But as you know, Disneyland's ride are really for babies, and I was so bored that I went in and took this one :P Basically, they put in you an elevator, take you up four storeys, show you the nice view as the elevator door opens, and then drop you like a sack of potatoes :) They even stop half way, pull you up again to the 3rd floor, and again drop you down. I was screaming my head off with my eyes shut at the first fall as it can get pretty disoriented. But at the second fall, you're already immune to it and can keep your eyes open as you watch other people scream around you :P

Directions
Take the JR Yamanote Line to Tokyo Station. From Tokyo Station, take the JR Musashino Line for 15 minutes to JR Maihama Station. You will need to change to the Disney Monorail to get to Disneysea. They charge an extortion price of Y$250 (S$3.75) per trip to get there, and another Y$250 to get back! I thought it was rather tasteless of them. They should have just include it in the admission tickets.

Ref:
Tokyo Disneysea Official Site
More on the Tower of Terror
Tower of Terror

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments