Sunday, May 31, 2009

Imperial Palace(皇居) & Shibuya(渋谷区) Tokyo

17th May 2009, our last full day in Tokyo, and we spend it with my primary school friend from Yokohama. My dad was dead tired by then and decided to spend the day resting at the hostel. We meet up with my friend at around 10:30am after breakfast at Tokyo Station, and made our way to the Imperial Palace. You can't really go inside the palace, but you can walk around it. The weather was misty and windy, and it was really nice walking along the palace ground with it's beautiful grass, trees and flowers. But best of all, was the vast space you experience, and inside Tokyo city itself too!



For lunch, we made our way to Shibuya's Mark City (if I am not mistaken) for a Sushi meal. With my friend there, we finally managed to enter a typical Japanese restaurant to experience what eating in one was like. The verdict? Very noisy! Everyone is greeted by the whole restaurant staff loudly when you enter, or leave, or order, or pay! You could hardly hold a decent conversation inside! But it was fun, and the Sushi was huge! And cost only around Y$1500 (S$22.50), which I thought was very cheap considering we were eating in a restaurant, and the Sushi was really fresh!

Lastly, we end our day together at the world's famous and most busy Starbuck! We couldn't find a seat, and so had to drink our drinks standing. After almost a week of traveling, feeling tired and exhausted, I tell you Starbuck has never tasted so good before in my life! In fact, writing this entry is making me crave for a coffee right now!

And thus ends our journey in Japan as we head back home the next day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments