Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dhammikarama Burmese Buddhist Temple

Right across the road from Wat Chayamangkalaram, is Dhammikarama Burmese Buddhist Temple. Although also another popular tourist sight, this was to me, an alternate temple to runaround in after getting bored running around Wat Chayamangkalaram during family gathering :)

Initially a small temple, it has also grown into a majestic place of worshiped. Filed with painting and Burmese art work all over the temple, it also has a Wishing Pond, beautiful flowers (japanese roses! my happy flowers!), and fishes. Here's a compilation of all the beautiful things I found inside.


But my favorite spot of the whole temple, is the great hall that houses the various marble Buddha from all over the world. I feel like I could just sit there forever in absolute peace. Maybe it's the wide space, maybe it's the cold marble floor and open space. It's just wonderful sitting there the whole afternoon.


And some info for you on the Buddhist Bodhi Tree :)



Ref:
Dhammikarama Burmese Buddhist Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments