Friday, August 20, 2010

Tanjung Bungah Tuesday Night Pasar Malam (Part 1)

Arriving on a Tuesday night means Pasar Malam night in Tanjung Bungah! Tanjung Bungah is one of the place I grew up in. And every Tuesday night, a night market is held for the villagers. When I was young, it used to be held at Jalan Concord. But since the building of the new market and bus interchange, the location has been changed, and now the village pasar malam attracts even hotel guest from the nearby beach side hotels.

My family usually take our dinner there on Tuesday night at the market area. For me, dinner was Char Koay Teow and Char Koay Kak. It's common to share food in Penang, and I shared half of the plate of Koay Teow and Koay Kak with my friend. My husband was all about fried chicken skin when it's pasar malam night. For just RM1, you get a bag of crispy fried chicken skin! A fatal luxury hard to find in Singapore! His carbo fill was made up of an indian snack called Putu Mayong which is rice flour, coconut and palm sugar. In Penang, we kinda like out drinks sour and sweet. So food was washed down with calamansi juice.

Here are some wonderful shots of how traditional Putu Mayong is made.



Ref:
Pasar Malam
Tanjung Bungah
Calamansi
Putu Mayong

*All photos in this entry is taken by my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments