Monday, August 23, 2010

Fresh Homemade Scones!

I am thinking even before I made those scones and photograph them that this was going to be one of my favorite blog entries of all times! And I've not been disappointed at all! So I'm interrupting my Old Penang post to put this up and share with the world some of my favorite things! Fresh scones, Fine Bone China tea cups, cranberry jams, and Mint Tea! All captured in easily some of my favorite photos of beautiful things!

First stop, fresh scones made from my little Zoji machine! The recipe didn't lie to me, and the scones were delicious with sweet jam! The smell of it was enough to send me to wonderland! Lovely. And they are made out of only 5 ingredients: Milk, Flour, Baking Soda, and Butter, with cranberries as the fillings. Kneading takes 13 minutes, and baking takes another 15 minutes. So you can actually have fresh scones in 30 minutes! One batch made 12 scones!


And I got two new Fine Bone China tea cups from Penang Malaysia while I was back there 2 weeks ago at a Metrojaya Sales. The two tea cup set cost a total of around SGD40, but they are so lovely for words! So in short, that one single tea cup I was eying at Takashimaya that cost SGD50, is equal to 3 tea cups I got from Malaysia in total! Hahahahah! I can't help feeling exhilarating just thinking about that :P

Anyway, just enjoy the nice pix uploaded, and if you have time, do make yourself a cup of tea!


I leave you now with a quote from an author whose books are on my reading list; "Bliss is something totally different. It is not dependent on anybody. It is the joy of creating something; whether anybody appreciates it or not is irrelevant. You enjoyed it while you were making it — that’s enough, more than enough." ~ Osho

Ref:
Osho

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments