Thursday, August 19, 2010

Old Penang

For the next few blog entries, I'm going to take you back in time, to the old Penang that I knew and grew up in. So let's start with photos taken from my Retro Camera in my Android Phone.


I was back home in Penang from 10-Aug till 15-Aug recently. With Jetstar flying to Penang daily, my frequency back home has increased. This was my 2nd trip home this year. Cost of a single trip was only S$88 without check in luggage, or S$107 with a 20kg luggage check in on your return trip. (Price stated is a rebate price using Maybank credit card).

Now with Rapid Buses serving a route between Penang International Airport to Tanjung Bungah as well as the Batu Ferringi Beaches, airport transfer is also now dirt cheap for me! For RM3.40 (S$1.50), the bus takes me right home in 1.25 hours! Check out more on the Rapid Bus website below for more info.
Back home, it was as if time has stood still, and nothing has changed. Dad was still reading the newspapers in his lazy chair, and Mum was still in her kitchen corner eating! Even the appliances at home stood the test of time. Everything was totally retro, and still in working order!
Yes, this series is about my beloved old Penang, seen through me and my husband's camera. Hope you'll enjoy it, and decide to pay beautiful Penang a visit soon!

Ref:
Retro Camera for Android
Penang Rapid Bus Services (Awesome website)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments