Saturday, December 11, 2010

Bath - City

7-Nov-2010 Sunday, woke up with a wonderful breakfast at Holiday Inn by North Bristol Express and set out by 8:30am. Today we were going to the City of Bath! Apparently until I got there, did not know that it was a World Heritage Site! Shame on you Cordy!
Our tour guide David was rather enthusiastic of driving us around the town and city area of Bath showing us the sites! We drove around a roundabout of one of the Bath Circus for like 3 times before exciting while he was explaining the layout of the residential area to us. Here's what some of the residential places look like, with a park just right in front too!

As we enter the city of Bath, the buildings just got grander and grander. And with so much water flowing around, it's bound to create some really charming view. Suddenly, my memory of Otaru kinda seem pale as compared to these view...
 
Note that at this time, I was only into the 3rd day of my Europe trip, so everything was just grand and awesome to me. My first grand church, my first real stain glass on a church, my first encounter with royalty (King Edgar, first King of England).
It was also Remembrance Day around the world, in memory of people who died in World War I, and I saw this beautiful cross in front of the abbey of Bath, and these beautiful messages.
"They Shall Grow Not Old
as we that are left grow old
Age Shall not weary them
nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun
and in the morning
We Will Remember Them"

Ref:
Bath
North Bristol Express By Holiday Inn
Roundabout 
Otaru 
Kind Edgar a.k.a Edgar the Peaceful
Remembrance Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments