Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Stonehenge

7-Nov-2010 (Sunday). Finally, we were on our way to the Stonehenge, a place I've always wanted to see with my very own eyes. I mean, come on, which kid who have read about the Stonehenge has never wished they could dance around the mysterious Stones on a full moon night? Yes, I was severely mixed up with my folklore, but it didn't matter. With the Chalks and the lambs around me as we drove towards our final destination, I was in my own little world, hoping that the sun would hold its position in the sky long enough for me to enjoy the sight of my childhood dream. Finally, we saw the Stones and fell into silence.
Ladies and gentlemen, I am not ashamed to say that of the 4 following photos, 3 were not taken by me. I was too hilarious with awe and happiness that almost none of my photos of Stonehenge could be taken seriously, haha.Yes, I'm a lousy photographer, cause the experience of real life always come first for me :)
So ends our 159GBP land tour as we headed to London. The Stones were less gigantic as I thought they would be, Oxford was more beautiful then I ever thought a place of academic could be and really brings out image of the Unseen University quite well! Bath was very Roman and brings to life the comics of Asterix to me (sorry, my knowledge of Romans came fondly from this comic books), and the Cotswolds were just too charming! At the back of my mind, I kept thinking that we've seen the best of what England has to offer. Nothing else could beat this, and that it could only go down hill from here... 

Ref:
Stonehenge 
Unseen University
Asterix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments