Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cotswolds - Intro

6-Nov-2010 (Saturday), continuing on our morning tour with International Friends, we headed towards Chalk country! Yes! Chalk is real! It's a description of a kind of soil or stone in Great Britain call the Chalk Formation. (See Ref link below). And all these while I thought Terry Pratchett was pulling my leg! And it was amazing to travel through the Chalk known as the Cotswolds, a beautiful landscape of English country side, with charming English cottages! I'll blog on each little town we visit as we went along. And to think I never intended to visit Cotswolds! Stonehenge lead me here! I knew Stonehenge was magical!
 
I could just imagine the scene where Tiffany Aching live and grew up in, not too different from the photographs shown here! She probably flew past these landscapes on her broomstick. And more picture to come as we visited the following places in Cotswolds: Stow-on-the-Wold (I kid you not!), The Slaughters (upper and lower, I kid you not again!), Bourton-on-the-Water, and Bibury.
Ref:
Chalk Formation
Terry Pratchett
Cotswolds 
Tiffany Aching

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments