Friday, December 3, 2010

Oxford

In many ways, this year's backpacking trip was planned by fluke. For instance, I never knew Stonehence was even remotely near London! How naive of me! But when I did found out, I immediately google a day tour to get there. And since everything was so expensive in England, I source for the most value for money tour, even if it means a 2D1N tour out of London that cost me GBP159 (SGD330) with the International Friend's Tour Group (see ref below), that was gonna bring me to Oxford, Bath, Cotswolds and my final destination - Stonehenge. Here's a picture of our tour bus.

So on 6-November (Saturday), I board their bus at Great Portland Street and one hour later I found myself in Oxford! Oxford, famous school bla bla bla, sorry but I'm not too crazy about it. But here's an interesting fact "Oxford: Bodleian Library, and the Great Hall of Christ Church College, was used in Harry Porter and the Chamber of Secrets". Woohoo, I was there!
 I do however like the motto of Oxford shown here. It's like, God is on their side! Nice touch.  
For a more overview of what Oxford looks like, please refer to the ref below. You know I hate posting photos that are already available elsewhere :P O, btw, this photo was taken in Oxford. I love this photo, there's bicycle in it, and sunlight! Two of my fave things in photos! What is there not to like???

Ref:
Oxford
International Friends Cotswolds, Oxford, Bath & Stonehenge Tour
Stonehenge
Dominus illuminatio mea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments