Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Biz Trip - Taiwan Bookstore

  
When you don't really have time to shop, 24 hours bookstore and convenient stores are like your best friend. Every morning, and late at night, they are always there for you. Ladies and gentlemen, Taipei's greatest place is surely the Eslite 24 hour bookstore! And there is one about 15minutes walk from where I stayed. I visited it twice while I was there this time round. Once to check out the place, and 2nd time to purchase some books. The branch I visited only have one level, which was different from the multi story branch nearer to Taipei 101 I went to last time. But it will have to do.
While I was there, they had this horror book festival on, and I was so thrilled to see that! The whole section looked like a nightmare! I was tempted to buy everything! Cause they were selling Japanese horror manga translated into Chinese! But I wasn't going to spend my money on books I knew nothing about. So I did my research after my first visit, and went back again a few days later at around 6am. You should have seen the look one the contractors' look when they saw me walking in with my vagabond look and hair uncombed, walking straight to the horror section too, lol.

 Here are the 3 books I got from there. Gudetama or fun. Uzumaki to see why it's such a cult classic (it comes in 3 volume, but I only got the 1st one). And another horror book rated age 18 and above. I wanted to get my money worth! Lol. Needless to say, I've read them all. Gudetama was a waste of money as the one I got from Kinokuniya was much more worth it. Uzumaki was not really scary like a ghost story kind of way, but it does creeps up on you after reading it. Its not scary when you read it, but the content just kinda sits in your conscientiousness and slowly sips into your reality. I don't mind getting the other 2 books just to complete the series. It was definitely unique! The RA18 book was a shocker for me. It was pure brutality, yet I find some of the stories hilarious. This is one book I can't pass it on after reading it cause people would surely judge me for reading such kind of books, lol.

I also got a postcard to send back to my parents. Every country I visit, I always try to send a postcard home. It was a great souvenir and my parents enjoy reading about what I have been up to. 
 
And something not related to the bookstore, but related to manga, is this cool site I found at Sogo top level! They have a kinda treasure hunt on Attack of Titan. I thought it was quite cool since I've seen both the movie and have read part of the manga. Here's a clip to share. The only reason I went to watch the movie was because of the smaller titans that look so frightening and typical Japanese horror yet cute in a sick way. I trouble enjoyed the 1st movie although my brother hated it. The 2nd movie was a bore as they concentrated more on the colosseum titans which I didn't like so much. I'll just leave you with this clip then... happy watching :P




Ref
Eslite 24 hour bookstore
Eslite  Official Website
Attack on Titans (進撃の巨人)
Uzumaki (うずまき)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments