Thursday, December 24, 2015

JCS Intermediate Level (Year 2) Exam Period

2015 was my second year studying Japanese in JCS. And it was so much tougher than year 1. So much so that I was really really scared about passing my year end final exams. My brother got me like more than half a dozen Daruma for my safe passage in my Japanese language journey. Above is the picture of my two Daruma, one with sight showing I have pass Year 1 Elementary, and one half blind accompanying me while I struggle with my Year 2 Intermediate. 

Even though I started studying months in advance, the fact was, I have been slacking since the second half of the year. So no matter how much I tried, I knew I would barely get by. I told myself that to reward myself, I would get the below Gudetama(ぐでたま) Comic in Japanese from Kinokuniya the day I finish my exam regardless whether I pass or fail.

Well the day came where I finished my exam, but my mood was terrible cause I suspect I may have failed my grammar paper and my interview as well. The only thing I was sure of scoring was my diary composition which I got my Japanese colleague to mark for me prior to the exam :) But no matter how sad I was, a promise is a promise. And one should always keep one's promise, especially if it is to yourself! So I got the comin, costing around SGD20.70. It is super cute! And I am trying very hard to read it! It is better than the Chinese version one I got from Taiwan one week later. 

 Anyway, after the exam, I went for my Business Trip to Taiwan and tried to forget about the bad feeling that I had. I told myself that if I pass, I would get 3 philosophical book shown in the picture below for myself. They are available from Kinokuniya, and cost around SGD12.40 each. They look so cute! I actually got them even before my exam result came as my friend lend me her Kinokuniya card when we were meeting up, and I just couldn't resist any longer. Sure I felt guilty about buying those books before the result was out, but at the back of my mind, I was already prepared to retake the paper if I failed.



Interestingly, the result was out one day after I got myself those books! Rejoice! The result was worst off than my first year by a large margin, but to be frank, I was just glad that I passed at all! I was so sure I would fail 2 of the items, but ended up I almost fail (but DID NOT!) my grammer, and my kanji! OMG, how could I almost fail Kanji is beyond me. It's not that I don't know Chinese. But then again, my Chinese is pretty shitty as well. I also did well in my listening, interview, and of course my composition :)  Overall, I pass, and that was the most important thing. 

I will be registering for my Advance Year 1 next Monday 28-Dec-2015, and I have told my Japanese colleague that I will start talking to him in Japanese next year onwards :) 2016 is going to be a challenging year ahead!!!!


And so the green Daruma got it's sight, and now a pink half blind Daruma has joint the journey :)
Here's to another year of sleepless Friday night, 2.5hours of Saturday morning sacrifice, and year end sick-in-the-stomach experience all over again! The worst is always the interview!!!! But next year, I plan to ace it cause I have the whole office to practice with! I have no excuse to fail!!!!

Ref:
Daruma Doll  (達磨)
Gudetama (ぐでたま)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments