Friday, December 25, 2015

Ikoi Japanese Restaurant

 
Continuing on about my rant about my Japanese exam, I actually promised to do a few things if I were to pass my exam. Beside the books that I would buy from my previous post, I also promised my Japanese colleague who helped me correct my composition that I would treat him coffee if I pass (he said he would treat me sake if I fail lol). I also promised my brother that I will treat him to a Japanese meal. So that is how we ended up in Ikoi @ Miramar Hotel instead of our usual Yamada.

Above picture shows the entrance which was pretty impressive. And below is the picture of what it looked inside. I was very impress with the deco as it made the place looked very charming.
  
And the plates laid out was very pretty too!!! Although my brother said the service was going to be slow, and we already noted no salmon head or soft shell crab or gyoza on the menu, the ambiance more or less made up for it. Plus it was quite affordable too, at SGD39++ per person.

Below are some of the dishes we tried. I love the fact that they have bacon in the menu. My fave is cherry tomatoes wrapped in bacon. The other two is sausages and crab stick which was also surprisingly nice! They were also very generous with the sashimi, especially the salmon which always come in double portion when we ordered a set. We managed two set that is served in a boat plate. The sushi was also served in a nice plates, and the prawn tempura was also nice! There were some dishes that were also served complimentary stype: salad sticks, edamame, a type of seafood serve in a tea pot, and claim miso soup which was very nice! I also like the cawamushi, salmon porridge, and the ramen although I was very full after that. And everything was served in beautiful plates! I think its a great place to have a slow lunch and enjoy the ambiance. I would definitely come back for the charm! At the end of the meal, they serve us slices of pears imported from Japan that they were selling for SGD10 for two. It was like the sweetest pear I ever had!
 The buffet lunch is available from 11:30am to 2pm I think, but by 1:30pm we were done. They also gave us some recycle back as they were celebrating their 15th anniversary. Everything about the place has a nice touch to it! I think I'll bring my husband back here for our January birthday celebration.

Here's a snap shot of their lunch menu in case you need to plan your eating adventure. I do highly recommend this place. But if you are looking for salmon head, go to Yamada instead. They have very nice softshell temaki and gyoza there, and the price is slightly higher there. 

Ref:
Ikoi 
Yamada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments