Thursday, December 31, 2015

Biz Trip - Taiwan Beitou 28-Nov

28-Nov-2015 Saturday, my only free day from work. I had half a day before I rush back to my hotel for check-out at 1pm and catch my flight home. I planned to visit Beitou, a place I've heard so much about but have never visited. It was only 30minutes by train from  Taipei central. One of my vendor have accepted my invitation to go exploring. So we met at Sogo at 6:45am for our half day tour. We took the train to Taipei Main Station and changed to the red line all the way to Xinbeitou station where we transfer to a small train that will bring us to Beitou. The above picture shows the Xinbeitou station.
This is the map of Beitou. Initially I was wondering whether I would have enough time to explore everything in half a day. But we actually managed to clear everything by 10am! All we took was 2 hours! And that includes getting lost here and there!
Beitou was beautiful! It was like a small Japanese town, with all the greenaries and onsens. It was a pleasant walk through the park and up the hill. It made me miss Japan a lot, and I guess it was a substitute of my Japan holiday I could have. 

Beitou is famous for its library, its hotspring, and its thermal valley. I will post an entry for each in the next few post. But first, something I like taking photos of, unique pothole covers!
 


Ref:
Beitou (北投)
Xin Beitou station

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments