Monday, December 28, 2015

Biz Trip - Taiwan Ximending 22-November

 
22-Nov-2015 Sunday was the day I reached Taipei to start my business trip. It was actually one day after my JCS Exam -_______-""" But I was determine to forget about whatever that was and just concentrate on Taipei! I love traveling alone. But for this trip, I had two colleagues accompanying me. Above is me and my colleague from another department having our first meal together at a (roll-eyes), Hakata Japanese Ramen shop. No comments.
 
Anyway, I abandon him after the meal and headed to Ximending. I was suppose to meet my colleague from Singapore who happen to  be on holiday there. She stayed near there and we agreed to meet at 8pm. I didn't actually met her till 9pm due to no communication on the phone! Long story. But since I was there, might as well explore the place! So I walked around the buzzing place. I know that lots of people (especially youngsters) like Ximending, but not me. I don't really like the place cause I find it kinda depressing. 7 years ago I actually stayed here one night while transiting in Taipei, and it was depressing as hell when the lights go out and the shops are closed.  The accommodation there (translate to hostel for me), was pretty thin and lean as well. Everything about this place just shout out money and youth, and I hated it. 

But I did enjoyed eventually meeting up with my colleague at around 9pm and we went for a drink at a place nearby. On the menu it says order 2 beer and you get 1 free! So we did, plus fried mozzarella cheese (yummy!). I wanted to leave by 10:30pm, but it was so fun just hanging out that we only left after 11pm. By the time I reach my hotel, it was almost 11:45pm! And it was only my first night here!

Ref:
Ximending

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments