Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Biz Trip - Taiwan Howard Plaza Hotel

When you're traveling alone, it is always nice to bring something that reminded you of home. So accompanying me this trip is Brown and friends! My toiletry set given to me by my brother! He won it in a Line contest. He won it twice! Aren't they just adorable??? You need things like these to cheer you up in life sometimes! This and caramel corns! Together with me is also the cotton cat bag that I made. (I can't believe I haven't blogged those awesome handmade bags I made yet! Soon! I promise!)
Above is a glimpse of what my hotel looked like. I think I stayed 10th floor? or 12? or 16? Can't remember. Sad. Anyway, it was quite a nice hotel. Breakfast was included, and they had two floors serving it: one for western, one for eastern. I went alternate between the two floors. The western omelet was delicious, and they have bananas and smoked salmon there. The eastern was also my fave with the delicious porridge, and rice with baby eels! Yummy! I have a hearty breakfast every meal, almost 3 servings without fail cause my breakfast is after my hour long morning walk.
 It was near Christmas, so the hotel was decorated in a festive mood. I hope I get to stay at the same place again next year. The room was extremely comfortable cause I get the whole bed to myself, and it came with 4 fluffy pillows and one bolster. There was a pool there, Jacuzzi and gym too, but I didn't visit any of those. Too lazy to pack swimsuit, and too lazy to do laundry after exercising. What I really like about the room were the selection of books available in the room! These are type of books I would pay money for! Sadly I was too tired to read it. I wonder if they are complimentary? Maybe I should ask next time. Would really love to bring them home to read.
 Above are photos I took on my last day. I knew I was going to miss the bed most, lol. Next to it is my luggage and bag. I travel light as a backpacker. Actually, this is the very first time I own a luggage. I had to purchase it just for this job. Given I choice, I rather backpack and dress like a vagabond (which is what I look like whenever I change out of my work clothes.

Just before I checked out, I redeemed my welcome drink (the irony of it), and drank it at the bar overlooking the pool. It was a relaxing drink before flying back to Singapore. It is sad that I didn't get approval to go for  my holiday in Japan this year, but I guess the business trip would have to do. I guess if they make me travel more, I wouldn't mind so much about not taking my holiday. But still, I need to visit Japan twice in 2016 to keep that promise to myself. Looking forward to an exciting year ahead!.


Ref:
Howard Plaza Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments