Thursday, December 24, 2015

Kafka On Tthe Shore Play

 
1-Nov-2015 was a special day. My good friend Justin got married. It was the first time I attended a wedding without knowing anyway (sine we were such old friends that  never keep in touch much). I did know the photographer though. But anyway, it was also the day I watch my first Japanese play! And it was a Murakami, title Kafka on the Shore. I paid SGD60 per ticket, and treated my brother to the play. It was extremely interesting.
 I've read Murakami before (since he was so mainstream famous), but I became a fan of his after reading "The Wind Up Bird Chronicles" due to some personal reasons. However Kafka was highly recommended to me by one of my Generation Terrorist Forum friends. I like the story very much too, and it gave me one of the item on my bucket list! Which is to bath in the rain one day :)  I wonder how free that feeling would be like. I wonder how that would ever be realize....
The actor and actress of the play was interesting too. Dialogue was in Japanese with English subtitle.  The stage itself was amazing and almost magical! Perhaps they were trying to achieve the surreal-ness of the strory. The play was done in a very unique way, with moving stage pieces, and man dress in cat suit that looks surprisingly convincing. There was also a mysterious kid that appear from time to time, and of course Colonel Sanders, Johnny Walker, Tamura, Kafka etc. The most shocking part of the play was they actually acted out a scene of a man having sex with a prostitute. I was quite stunned!
Here's a picture of me after the play. I only post my pix on this blog if I'm really happy about whatever I'm posting. Soon you will realize that 2015 was a great year, cause I'll be posting many more pix of myself. Probably because I've slimmed down, and probably because my hair is finally beginning to look like a proper girl's hair..... But that's another story all together. Coming up soon if I have more free time to post!


Until then, here's a promotion clip for your viewing pleasure


Ref:
Kafka On the Shore
Haruki Murakami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments