Monday, January 4, 2016

Biz Trip - Taiwan Tamsui 淡水 28-Nov

  
Here's a place that was also not on my plan of place to visit, but my partner in crime for the day wanted to badly to see the sea (which we found out later was actually a lake -____-). Since we completed Beitou in 2 hours, I agree to go with him to Tamsui to see the sea and pier.
Tamsui is at the end of the red line, and just a few stops from Xinbeitou station. We were there soon enough, after passing through mountains and stuff. Coming from Singapore, seeing anything natural is a treat to me. I love the view of the horizon 
There is only two street there (unless you want to take a ferry across the lake...). One is at the side of the lake which is shown in the top photo, and you can just walk beside the water for miles. It was a rather hot day, so we went to the other street which is Tamsui Old Street. There you will find lots of food, tea and shops selling traditional biscuits, boiled quail eggs etc. I actually got a pack of yam biscuit here which taste quite nice.  I understand this place has a great night market too. Maybe I can visit it one day. If I stay at the same hotel, I actually have a direct train here.
Anyway, let me take a selfie :P

Ref:
Tamsui 淡水

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments