Friday, January 8, 2016

Cheers to Beer! Cheers to Life!


I've always thought I'm the more sophisticate wine drinker. And for most part I was, and it had to be red. Pinot Noir always. My favorite is actually Italian red wine. But at SGD50 from the duty free store, I only drink one bottle maybe once or twice a year. But somewhere along the way, I started really liking beers! I've always like cider, but then I started venturing into fruit beer by accident, and fell totally in love with it!
 
My favorite place for a beer is actually at the Crossing Cafe at the Bible House near Bras Basah. I went there by accident with a brunch of friends searching for a quite place to chat. They had beer there and I ordered a peach beer. It was served in a chilled glass and was delicious, costing SGD7 a bottle. I was back there again a few months later with some drinking buddies (actually we were Sunday walking buddies, but a drink is always a nice change). We all ordered two rounds of beer each, and each came with its individual chilled glass. I was sold. The food there is not bad either! I highly recommend this place for a nice drinks either day or night. But they close quite early though.
 
I also started drinking beer with my Japanese meal, mainly whenever I'm at Ootoya, I'd order a Kirin, which I love, although recently I've also been slowly converting to Asahi dry. Sadly Yebisu is hard to find in Singapore. One of my favorite to purchase beers for drinking at home is at Pasarbella's Great Beer Experiment. So far this is the only place that sells my favorite strawberry beer at SGD7 a bottle. I know, it's expensive, but you've got to taste it to believe it. It's absolutely delightful! I down these babies real fast when on a hot day. I'm currently out of supplies at home. Am wondering when I will get to top up :)

Cheers to a wonderful 2016 year ahead! 2015 had been fun. I changed job, visited so many places and did so many exciting things that I don't even have enough time to blog about it. But that's what life is all about: collecting beautiful memories. And I'm feeling optimistic about the future, and excited at the same time even though I know there's going to be a lot of hard work involved. Perhaps finally, I'm starting to live the life I've wanted.....

Ref
Crossing Care
The Great Beer Experiment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments