Thursday, January 7, 2016

Tim Ho Wan


When Tim Ho Wan first open it's first branch in Singapore in 2013 or 2014, there were always long queue and we didn't manage to try it. Everyone wanted to try the Michelin-starred restaurant with it's pocket friendly prices. Well, we did finally managed to try it one weekday morning. We were suppose to be going to Penang on that day, so that's why we were off. We thought we'll have breakfast there before our flight, so we headed to the Bedok Mall branch. There was a freaking queue even before the opening hour, on a freaking weekday! But look at my husband, he is so happy he get to queue and finally try the food there. 
We didn't order much as there was only the two of us. Plus we were headed to Penang, come on! Plus the price was really high for my liking. And the menu wasn't exactly outstanding either. I guess what I meant to say was, I wasn't really impress, sorry.
The food came, and the food went. What did I like? Well the bake char siew bao was very nice and probably the only thing I really like. The cheong fan was also not too bad. The rest of the food, well, wasn't really that great. After that encounter, I've only been back there once. I much prefer Ting Dai Fung then Tim Ho Wan. I also prefer the dim sum at Yan Palace than here. In other words, I think this place is really over rated.But it would be my taste bud, cause I don't really like the food in Hong Kong either.....But I do love the food in China!

Here's a photo of a crab meat flavored xiao long bao from Ding Tai Fung to prove my point. There's more sense of  "love"  and "fun" here. :P


Ref:
Tim Ho Wan 
Ding Tai Fung
Yan Palace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments