Friday, January 1, 2016

Biz Trip - Taiwan Beitou Thermal Valley 28-Nov

  
Beitou  has a Thermal Valley that is famous in Taiwan, and it is open at 9am. We were there by 8:55am and waited patiently outside the gate, thinking why was there a gate in the first place, were they afraid someone might get in and steal the thermal valley? We later found out that it was more for the people's safety as the water was extremely hot. Actually all over Beitou you will see signs that shows a foot and an "x" sign on it near the river water flowing downstream. At first I thought it meant we were not allowed to go into the water. What it actually meant was that the water was extremely hot and you should not put your foot in.
 At 9am, the gates open, and we started to walk in. The first thing you see is the steam. And when you come upon it, it is just magical. It was small thought, just one pond of pure green hell boiling water. I was kinda disappointed that it was so small. I've visited volcanic valleys in Japan before, and it was usually very big and smell strongly of sulfur. But this one in Beitou was just one emerald green looking pond with lots of steam coming out of it. It was beautiful, no doubt about it. I just wished that there were more pond. I once did a research on Beppu in Japan and read that they have many different ponds of different colors and temperature. I guess I was expecting that..... 
Still, I managed to take a nice selfie there. I'm getting pretty good at selfie these days. And with great age, comes senseless confidence. So you'll find that I post my photos more freedom now on my blog.

Next stop, Puji Temple and Onsen Museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments