Monday, January 11, 2016

The Black Swan

The Black Swan has an extremely classic front when you're passing by it in the central business district of Singapore. It is just opposite where I work, and we would often walk pass it. One day, a colleague of mine place a bet with us that if she pass her driving test, she would treat us to a meal there. I was very impress by that alone. And am so happy that she pass!
  
We headed there on a Friday after our department meeting for a ladies only lunch. Everything look expensive on the menu, so to get the best ROI, I ordered the burger seen in the photo above. I have not had a burger (a Big Mac doesn't count), since a few years back when I had a milk food poison from a burger I had in a certain German restaurant at Clark Quay. But as this was a posh Black Swan, I wanted to believe that they would handle their patty better here. I was so confident of this that I even ordered mine medium raw as I do with all my steaks. The verdict? Best burger EVER! After this meal, I actually crave burgers and keep eating them everywhere I went! But none came close to the one I had at the Black Swan, not even the one at the White Rabbit


Above is a post from my colleague showing all the things we ordered. It was an excellent lunch for me, surrounded by very different class of people. Just next two us sat two well dressed guys drinking wine during lunch and fine food. There were lobsters being delivered to a private function room that is near where we sat as well. The ambiance was great too. The only mishaps we encountered was them seating us at the wrong seat, relocating us, and having our order pretty much mixed up. But they made up for it by serving us complimentary coffee. Thank you. It was a nice experience dining here.


Ref:
The Black Swan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments