Monday, February 25, 2019

Addis Ababa Bole International Airport - Transit to/from Brazil


A week before my flight, I have no idea where Addis Ababa was. I had to google it. So apparently it was the capital of Ethiopia. And although I have heard of Ethiopia (mainly from South Park), I don't actually know where it was. I was thrilled and excited when I found out it was in Africa. I've never been to Africa before! This business trip was gonna bring me to two continents I've never landed on before! Awesome! Above is what the airport look like. Nothing much in terms of duty free shopping. I mainly bough coffee. 


This was probably what I will ever see of Ethiopia unless I decided one day to visit the country. Transit was 3 hours and 5 hours, and the only regret I had was not taking a shot of the sunrise when I first arrive there. I wanted to go to the airport lounge first, but there were no windows there, so I missed capturing the beautiful African sunrise with the backdrop of the mountains. Sigh. Hopefully next time....


I guess Ethiopian Airline is kinda affordable for the Chinese, there were many Asians at the airport, from Korean, Japanese, and China Chinese. There was even a special Chinese Service Counter there. And since it was still Chinese New Year while I was there, it was also decorated in red. They also have a Chinese restaurant at the airport, and a duty free shop that seems to cater to Chinese. I didn't visit any of them at all. I got free lounge access! 


I took the above shot while I was landing in Ethiopia on my way home. In my small world, I though Africa would be full of jungles. But obviously I was very wrong. Look at all the city lights! This was a very developed country! So I took this photo to remind myself that what we imagine a country to be like can be bias. There is so much we don't know. And until we venture out there to take a look, we would always be restricted by what we think a country is like, instead of seeing it for what it really is like. 


Here is a sign you don't often see in other airport. Ebola! And it was comforting to know there is none here! I didn't even think about it when I was there until I saw this sign. Snap a photo as a souvenir. 


I took the above photo while I was on a transit bus to the plane. I kinda like it cause wow, Nairobi! Isn't that awesome. I was so so far away from home or anywhere I know. It was such a surreal feeling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments