Thursday, February 28, 2019

Business Class Airport Lounge - Changi, Addis Ababa, Sao Paulo


You know how YouTubers always show you what is like in airport lounge? And how awesome the food are inside? And all that free flow alcohol? Well, all that is wasted on me. I couldn't really eat much after being fed so much on the flight, and I don't really feel like getting dehydrated and drunk before each flight. So I visited 3 lounges in my one trip: Changi, Addis Ababa, and Sao Paulo. Above is the typical Changi lounge. Nothing fancy. Didn't feel like eating anything at 11pm after dinner. Mainly just sat down and drank some coffee. I really like the coffee machine in the lounge cause you are always trying to stay awake while waiting for your flight. 


Next lounge I visited was the Cloud Nine lounge is Addis Ababa Bole Airport. This one was a lot more interesting because of the next few picture. 


So inside the lounge, they have a traditional Ethiopian coffee area. And when I reached there at 7am, there wasn't anyone around, so I took some photo and thought that was it. I went to have some juice and sat down to watch my youtube since there is no wifi on the plane.


Maybe they don't open during weird hours. At least I got some nice photos, right?


Luckily for me, when I walked past to go to the toilet, there was a lady there. So I quickly went to the toilet and come out and waited for her. There was another guy also waiting for her, so we both sat down and ask for a cup of coffee. 


She will basically just pour it in the cup and ask if you want any sugar with it, and then hand it to you. I thought she would actually engage more with the customer, but nope. She would just smile and look around until you hand her back the cup.


But the coffee was thick and smooth. I especially like the cup it was served in. I tried to buy it as a souvenir on my way back, but the lady in the shop only sold it in a set of 6 at least, and cost around 45USD! That's what I would call not doing right business. I bet they would have sold a lot more if they sell it as individual set at a cheaper price since tourist like me would be happy to buy them as souvenirs. Bummer. Too bad, I guess. I have enough cups at home anyway.... but these were Ethiopian coffee cups! Gah!


I spend my transit ride home mainly sleeping in the quiet room at the lounge. When I went in, it was just me. Then came some China people who talk loudly even though it was a quiet zone. After a while, it was rather quiet. Some guy even snore in the seat next to me. Since I was on my way home without a care in the world, I didn't really care what was going on around me, or how I was seated. I basically treat it like my house sofa. It was a midnight flight, and I was tired. 


Interestingly the nicest lounge was Sao Paulo Terminal 2 airport for me. Although from the review Terminal 2 was supposed to be older. Surprisingly it looked brand new to me, and I really like the layout and colour. I was actually sitting outside the airport for 2 hours before I could check-in since there was no one at the counter. I was so hungry cause I didn't feel like eating outside and didn't have much money left. The moment I stepped in side here, I quickly use the toilet to freshen up, and then make my way for free food.  I ate a lot of sandwiches, juice, soup and some dessert from here. After which I went to sit at the tall stool looking out at the plane and basically play with my phone until the time came for me to board the plane. 

All in all, it was an interesting experience. Although I was travelling alone (which I preferred), I was never once bored. I had so much to see and look at. I even talk to people in the airport since I had so much time. It was a rather relaxing travel for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments