Friday, February 1, 2019

Jozankei - Lunch and Bus Journey


We left Noboribetsu by bus in the morning, and the bus took us back to Sapporo station. We reached around lunch time, and our next bus to Jozankei was not until maybe in the early afternoon. So we walked around a bit looking for lunch and ended up at a shop shown as above. 


They had a lunch menu on, and it was during weekday, so it was really cheap! 


I had the mixed seafood rice set.


And my husband order this grilled fish. We love grilled fish. Even when we're back in Singapore, we would often go to Liang Court's Meidi-ya to see what cheap fish we can buy back to grill. All you need is a little salt and it turns into this amazing dish you can eat with just rice.


After lunch, we made our way to the bus terminal to catch our bus to Jozankei. Jozankei is a more local catered resort, slightly off Sapporo. We have booked a night stay there via their English website, but found it hard to arrange for free transport there. There were no mention of a free transport in their English website, but it was mentioned in their Japanese website. I emailed them in English to ask, but they did not reply to my email. So while were staying at the Inn at Noboribetsu, I have asked the receptionist to call them and help us arrange a transport there. Voila! Success! Free ride. In the freezing winter, I didn't want to take a chance and get lost getting there. And look at that amazing view which I took on our ride there. It looked like some Armageddon movie screen where hell freezes over!


Everything, literally everything was covered in snow! We were just happy the roads were still open for us to get on with our once in a life time white christmas vacation! I say once in a life time cause I really really hate the bitter cold. It was so freaking cold that on our last day in Sapporo, it was around -1 degrees Celsius, and I was like "yay, finally some warm weather!". 


Here's a scene of a guy walking along the river park, with the sun setting behind him. Our bus was stopping at the traffic light here. I can't imagine living here! It's nice for a holiday, but I still prefer a warmer climate. Anything below 10 degrees Celsius is a no-no for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments