Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Ethiopian Airlines - Business Class Food


I'm gonna do two post on the food served on my Business Class flight with Ethiopian Airlines. First is all the mains that I was served, and the second would be the more enjoyable snacks that I got on my flight. So to start off, 1st dinner from Singapore to Ethiopia. I actually asked for non-meat meal, but the 1st course came with meat anyway.....It may look really nice on the photo, but the meat was super tasteless. Hence the many sauces that was served in every meal. The mustard really save the day in most meals!


My no-meat 2nd course was carbo filled. Fried rice and linguine.... At 3am in the morning??? Come on! I couldn't really finish the portion, but I did try my best to finish the paste cause I was afraid I might get hungry along the way.


Breakfast was slightly better. I like the cereal with milk, fruits, and yogurt. But again, the main was rather disappointing in taste. I was actually thinking maybe it's just better to eat the sides and skip the main all together. 


The flight from Ethiopia to Brazil had better food. I had smoked fish, and the olive oil and vinegar with bread was my favourite. Every time they serve that, I ask for an extra bottle and just soak it all up with the bread. Somehow the taste of vinegar helps in improving the other wise, very blend food. 


Above meal was serve from Brazil to Ethiopia. It was named Noya Chicken, and I though it was nyonya chicken curry. Boy was I wrong. It was terrible in taste! But the rice was ok, so I mainly ate the fried rice and left everything else on the plate. 


Morning breakfast from Ethiopia to Singapore was kinda fresh toast with vanilla sauce and jam. You can't go wrong on that. Finished everything here. 


Dinner again came in two courses. Again, blend cold meat. I swallow it down with half a bottle of mustard sauce. No vinegar was served with the meal even though I took the bread in anticipation. Sigh. No wonder they need to much alcohol on the flight. Probably to wash everything down.


Last dinner was herb sauce with rice and battered salmon. This was surprisingly good. I think I also had roast beef, which was also tasteless in one of the flight. So lesson learned: always eat the national dish if it is recommended and you just took off from that country, or stick mainly to fish cause it is a lot lighter and easier to eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments