Sunday, February 24, 2019

Ethiopian Airlines - Business Class African Experience flight to Brazil


As promised in my January 2019 post, this is a post on my Business Trip to Brazil Sao Paulo in February. I was having a workshop there from 11-Feb to 15-Feb, just right after the Chinese New Year holiday, and it was quite a rush to prepare everything and get there. Because of the CNY holiday, I wanted to settle all my arrangement of the trip before people started going on leave. So I booked everything one week before the workshop, and our friendly office travel agent helped me booked a flight to Brazil on Ethiopian Airline on a Best Cost basis.... and I was to transit at Addis Ababa, a place I have no idea where. So, arm, Ethiopia here I come!


Ethiopia's Business Class is known as Cloud 9. Above is the pillow they provide on the plane. Since I was flying Business Class, it wasn't that bad. I was rather looking forward to the flight, even though it was a 9.5+12 hour flight in total, with a 3 - 5 hour transit at Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia. This was my 2nd time flying Business Class, and I don't even have to queue to check-in at Changi Airport. They have a special lounge where you can sit down while the counter lady does everything for you. Yay! 


Before take off, they serve you some champaign. I love the writing of the Ethiopian language immediately. They look so cute! On my 4 flights, I drank champaign in 3 of them, mainly to help me sleep better. I must say, it kinda grows on you. 


As the flight was so long both ways, we were fed really well. Almost 2 full meals per flight. Each meal consisting of 1st course and 2nd course, drinks and dessert. Chocolates were also provided in one of the meal. In this post, I will mainly be blogging about Ethiopian food cause to be honest, that was the thing I most look forward to. And I am happy to report that I've tried everything that was on my to-do list!


In the menu, they were kind enough to have some write up on Ethiopian food with some explanation of it. I zoomed in on those and was hoping I get to try all of them. 


I was served Kolo on my 2nd flight. It was rather nice watching movies and eating these snacks. I felt like I was at the cinema or even at home comfortably watching the telly. Business Class is so comfortable that it doesn't even feel like flying. I was so comfortable that I even used their toilet 3 times on my first flight. 


Next was their traditional dish call Teff. It looks like cloth, but actually just taste like thosai or some indian roti. I had it twice, once on the way there, and once on the way back. To be honest, it was the best food on all my flights, mainly cost it taste like indian curry. 


This is the menu showing what is served with the teff. Can't say I knew what to expect at all. So when the server came around, I just said I wanted to try it and they serve a plate of it with everything on it.


The awesome thing about Business Class is, everything is serve on plates with real knife, folk and spoon. It really does make you wonder how you are going to fly economy any more....


Here is what the final dish look like. The tumeric mutton was the best dish, followed by the vegetables. It was yummy I cleaned the plate on my first try, probably because the rest of the dishes they serve was pretty blend. This, on the other hand, was full of flavour, fragrant, and delicious! Highly recommended!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments