Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Happy Chinese New Year 2019!


Happy Chinese New Year 2019! Although I am not supposed to be celebrating this year due to my father's death less than 3 months ago, I am still soaking in the atmosphere. And 2019 is the year of the pig. So I was in Chinatown a few weeks back for a dinner to celebrate the passing of my probation for my new job, and decided to check out some of the lights and decorations. So above is the entrance to Chinatown, with a few big pig lanterns decoration in the middle of the road.


I didn't actually ventured into the heart of Chinatown as it was so crowded even on a weekday (we were there on a Friday night). We had dinner at Chinatown Point, and since there was a covered (a.k.a. air conditioned bazaar just outside, we went in to have a look. I love the furry piglet decorations. They are so adorable. 


My colleagues here can be seen here browsing with me. I didn't know pomelo was used for Chinese New Year. I thought they were only used for Mid-Autumn Festival, no? I am no Chinese expert, so I can't say for sure. 


Here is another mysterious colleague I had dinner with. There is a third too, but I couldn't get a not-so-obvious photo of her to post here. I don't really want to show their faces in case they complaint... Anyway, all the lanterns are red. And all the soft toys are pigs!


I always like Lion Dance during Chinese New Year. And this one was nicely decorated able all the toys. 


Lastly, there is a wishing tree inside Chinatown point itself, and I really like this photo cause it kinda reminds me of Sakura. Hanami Matsuri (Sakura viewing festival) is only 1 month away, so I'll just leave you here with this photo as a transition into the next phase of what the year has to offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments