Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cheese Platter

I've always love cheese platter. The very first cheese platter I ever had was from Le Bistro . It came with the set dinner as a dessert. I was goggling around on how to make my own cheese platter, thinking that I could make a cheaper plate than what they charge in the restaurant (usually SGD15 a plate). So one day while shopping with a friend in Jason's Marketplace in City Hall, I decided to spend around SGD20 on three type of cheese. I got a Camembert, an Aged Cheddar, and some French Reblochon (I have no idea what that is). I also got some Pate De Foie. Guess I was feeling kinda depress that day and needed to treat myself something nice. Anyway, on the right is what the platter look like after assembling. I added some nets and dark spice orange chocolate to the mix.
 As I was having the whole thing for dinner, I serve it with some homemade bread and balsamic vinegar, and some red wine to add to the ambiance. I know I know, it sounds damn atas (high class). But actually it's kinda fun to make this at home.  The verdict? The bread with vinegar was great, the nuts and chocolate was great. The French cheese was the best of the three cheeses, followed by the aged cheddar. The factory made commercial Camembert was a real flop. So lesson learned. Buy only french artisan cheese :P
I tried another cheese platter from the Wine Company on my anniversary in 2013. It cost around the same price as well, but it was wonderful. They have three types of platter (red wine, white wine, and sweet wine). I believe I tried the red, and it was just fabulous!!! The above are the cheese that came with the platter I ordered. They write the name of the cheese which I taught was a great idea for cheese dummies like me!

Ref:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments