Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Grilled Salmon

So I have this pack of Hollandaise Sauce that has expired like 3 months ago the other day, and it was during the weekday, so I can't egg Benedict out of it. So the other most logical way to get rid of the sauce is of course to cook it with fish. So during one of the weekday lunch, I went to NTUC and bought a salmon fillet for SGD 5.95, which to me was bloody expensive meat! But it was on my blackboard of food to try and cook, so I had to give it a try. When I got home, I just grilled the salmon fillet in my Happy Call pan, and pare it with some vegetables (1 carrot, 1 potato, and 1 tomato. I cooked the salmon 15 minutes one side (skin facing down do the meat won't over cooked), and 3 minutes the other side, followed by 1 minute high heat just to charred the skin.
Here is the end result. Hollandaise Sauce goes over the fish, and a bit of garnish and there you have yourself a gourmet meal! For cost price of around SGD8, I think it's pretty worth it considering how much restaurant meals cost these days.
Now here is the part that totally blew me away. When I cut into the salmon and ate it, it was moist and creamy with fish oil! It was not dry one bit as it was normally the case when I pan fry fish. I credit this to my Happy Call for retaining the moisture of the fish. Incidentally, the Happy Call pan is also great for grilling vegetables as it always come out perfect, soft inside, and charred to perfection outside! Would definitely give this try again in future!

Ref:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments