Monday, January 20, 2014

Kluang Bak Kut Teh

Bak Kut Teh, or herbal pork rib soup was never a big deal to me until I moved to my current residential area at Bedok South. There is this uncle who operates a Kluang Bak Kut Teh just outside of my home, and I have been eating it for the past 9 years. It's just a perfect blend of herbs and pork. I tried making it at home, but it never come close. But still, when you're desperate, this recipe isn't so bad on a rainy day.

I got my packet of spice from Malaysia, specifically Kluang Bak Kut Teh to ensure it's the herbal type, instead of the white pepper type which are very popular to the Singaporeans. I only like the herbal kind. And basically all you need are some black soya sauce, garlic, salt, pork ribs and water to make a delicious pot. Whatever else you put into it is your personal business.

For my pot of deliciousness above, I put in pork meatball for the saltiness, soya stick cause I'm a soya addict, mushroom to soak up all the soup, and quail eggs to make it more exotic. I serve mine with brown rice and some you-tiao (fried dough). Bak Kut Teh is actually a pretty healthy meal to have! Try it!

Ref:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments