Thursday, January 16, 2014

Italian Inspired Christmas Meal 2013

Like it or not, Italy did something to  my cooking style. I wasn't exactly fascinated with the food while I was there. In fact, it all looked so simple that I'm starting to cook them at home. It's not hard to make food tasty. So let me share with you our Christmas meal for 2013. Top photo: A toasted bread with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and arugula, match it with my transit to Frankfurt of a German Sausage with Sauerkraut and mustard (from Paris :P ), and wash it down with a mocha made from milo powdered and CBTL espresso. The above is like recalling wonderful memories of my trip to Europe all over again. Got the serving board from Rome too!

  
For lunch I roasted some chicken with carrots and tomatoes after marinating the chicken with some Maggi seasoning sauce. While baking it in the oven for an hour (turning it every 15 minutes), I was also grilling some potatoes on my Happy Call.  Garnish with arugula again and serve with my slight obsession while I was in Italy - San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa. Heavenly!
 And lastly for dinner, let me show you how I transformed the packet of instant Gallo risotto into that wonderful plate in front of it! All in 30 minutes only!
First, start grilling eggplant, onions and pork sausages. And in another wok, sauteed some onions, then add mushroom. I think I added some butter as well. Once they started to water, add water and instant risotto and cook for 20 minutes. Off the fire and shave in some Parmesan. Garnish accordingly and another meal is serve. Mushroom risotto goes well with white beer as it brings out the flavor! Heavenly!

Ref:
Sauerkraut
Happy Call
San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa
Risotto 
Gallo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments