Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Chitose Airport Royce Chocolate World


Ok, first stop - Royce Chocolate World! A long long time ago, a colleague bought me Royce dark chocolate cube with alcohol. The moment it touches my mouth, I have been in loved with it ever since. It cost SGD14 per box in Singapore, but you can get it for SGD7 in Japan. I had many a box while doing my post grad cause chocolate helps me destress. So I needed to pay homage to the mecca of my saviour, Royce! And as you can see above, it was a huge space dedicated to just Royce chocolate and it's history. There is a museum there on everything about Royce! From the tools they use, to their first packaging etc. 


Needless to say, chocolates are for sale here as well! They have a few shops connected to each other, and you can just browse yourself silly on the range of products you can buy from here. Sadly, no tasting allowed.


There is even a Royce Bakery nearby, and the smell of it was just heavenly. My money goes here cause I just couldn't resist it. Look at the bread above! The bar of pure chocolate in the bun is just too hilarious yet beautiful at the same time. 


There is also a glass display area where you can look in to see how chocolate products are made. They call it the Chocolate Kitchen. Here you can see what is automated, and what is hand handled. 


They show you how the end product is made, and you can actually buy these from the store nearby.


Like I mentioned, there were displays of tools used for chocolate making and all the beautiful packaging of chocolate that was used in Royce product. 


Here's me with a souvenir photo.


And my husband with his!


Lastly, me with a giant chocolate bear. 
And yes, that was all I was carrying for my 1.5 weeks winter trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments